Outlook 2010 or 2013 Reoccuring Emails

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Outlook 2010 or 2013 Reoccuring Emails

Post by StuartR »

You can click the "Show Signature Details" button to check that this is your self signed certificate, then click "Trust all documents from this publisher"
StuartR

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Since you created the digital signature ('publisher') yourself, you can trust it (I hope!). So click the button 'Trust all documents from this publisher'. You shouldn't be bothered again.

I assume that you're doing this at home. If you send to too many recipients at the same time (whether addressed individually or as part of one or more distribution lists, that doesn't really matter), your ISP may suspect that you're deliberately or unwittingly sending out spam, and block your e-mail. I wouldn't send out more than 75 e-mails or so.

If you really need to send out hundreds or thousands of e-mails, Outlook is not the ideal program; there are dedicated services for mass e-mailings.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

StuartR wrote:You can click the "Show Signature Details" button to check that this is your self signed certificate, then click "Trust all documents from this publisher"
Thanks StuartR.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:Since you created the digital signature ('publisher') yourself, you can trust it (I hope!). So click the button 'Trust all documents from this publisher'. You shouldn't be bothered again.
Yeah I can trust myself sometimes. Ha ha I did check that Trust all documents and tried it. I was not presented with the dialog box. So I then created another recurring appointment to see if that still worked and it did. I made it reoccur for two instances on a daily basis so I'll see tomorrow if I get another email.
HansV wrote:I assume that you're doing this at home. If you send to too many recipients at the same time (whether addressed individually or as part of one or more distribution lists, that doesn't really matter), your ISP may suspect that you're deliberately or unwittingly sending out spam, and block your e-mail. I wouldn't send out more than 75 e-mails or so.

If you really need to send out hundreds or thousands of e-mails, Outlook is not the ideal program; there are dedicated services for mass e-mailings.
This is a great point. I never thought about my ISP thinking I may be sending spam. This whole idea came to me when I sent a name to a friend who send out monthly reminders of a breakfast. He had removed one of the guys from the email and told me he need room to add others who attended more often. I thought I could send out a notice to, it is probably around 100 people, but finding out that is not as simple as it may sound. I think I'll just let him continue in his was and possibly forward the email to one or two people who are not getting it now.

Thanks once more for all the help.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

If you'd still like to send out 100 e-mails, you could create two recurring appointments for the same time, with about 50 recipients each, and set the reminder time for one of them to 2 days in advance, and for the other to 3 days in advance. That way, only 50 e-mails would go out at one time.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Thanks Hans. I'll have to talk to the guy next month at breakfast to see if he would like me to do that.
Regards,
hlewton