Font in Contacts

jmt356
SilverLounger

Font in Contacts

Post by jmt356 »

When I copy text into Outlook contacts, it often comes out in the Arial font, even though the font I am copying is set to Times New Roman and the default font for new Contacts is Times New Roman. Why is Arial showing up and how can I stop it?
Regards,

JMT

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Font in Contacts

Post by Rudi »

What do you mean by copying text into Outlook contacts? Are you referring to pasting into the Notes section in a contact?
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You could click the lower part of the Paste button and click the "Keep text only" button:
S256.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

Yes, Rudi, I mean pasting text into the Notes section.

Hans, I almost always “Keep text only.” However, if I am not mistaken, around 15% of the time, what I end up pasting does not end up with the Times New Roman style. And after it gets pasted, after I select it and press ctrl + spacebar, rather than appear as Times New Roman 12, it appears as Arial or even sometimes as a larger font of Times New Roman. This does not make sense given the fact that my default font is Times New Roman. Whenever I start a new contact, the font in the Notes section is set to Times New Roman 12, so it appears to be something that changes the default while I am editing the Notes section.
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I can't explain that. "Keep text only" should always use the font used in the notes section. The default font for the notes section of Contacts is the same as the font set in File > Options > Mail > Stationery and Fonts... > Font for New mail messages.
S0597.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

My font for new messages is Times New Roman 12.

Could it be perhaps that I saved some notes from another computer with different font settings onto Outlook on this computer?
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

It's possible, but there is no way for me to know for sure...
Best wishes,
Hans