Outlook 2010 Voting Polls

JimmyC
3StarLounger

Outlook 2010 Voting Polls

Post by JimmyC »

I have figured out how to create an e-mail with voting poll;

I am sending this poll to 45 employees, is there any way to "see" a report in Outlook as to who has voted "yes", those that voted "no" or those that have not responded yet? I am searching the internet and find many instructions on how to create the voting poll---but nothing on whether a report is possible....any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you. JimC

HansV
Administrator

Re: Outlook 2010 Voting Polls

Post by HansV »

The message that you sent will probably be stored in your Sent Items folder.
If at least one recipient has voted, there will be a Show group in the Message tab of the ribbon, with a Tracking button. (If none of the recipients has voted yet, there will be no Tracking button.)
Best wishes,
Hans

JimmyC
3StarLounger

Post by JimmyC »

Hans--thanks, I will await the first response. Again, thank you. JimC

JimmyC
3StarLounger

Post by JimmyC »

I did send out the voting poll e-mail, but I did not specify it was a vote as I erroneously thought that voting buttons would be visible and it easy for the receipient to "know" that he/she should "vote" by clicking one of the buttons...Consequently, most of the receipients did not "vote" but replied yes or no--defeating the purpose of the voting poll.

In subsquent Google research, I have now found "advice" that I should have told the receipient how to click the buttons in message ribbon. My follow-up question is there any way to make the buttons part of the body of the e-mail and not have them in the ribbon line? I would think it would be more user friendly to have the buttons embedded in the body of the e-mail versus the "default" placement in the message ribbon. I am guessing this is not possible as I have not found anything about it, but I thought I would see if someone in the Lounge knows of a way. Thank you. JimC

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Unfortunately, there is no way to place the voting buttons in the body of the message, or to make the Vote button on the ribbon more conspicuous. (It was clearer in Outlook 2003 and before - the voting buttons were displayed in a separate toolbar; such is progress...)

So for future polls, place instructions in the body of the message to click the Vote button. This won't help with the current one, of course.
Best wishes,
Hans

JimmyC
3StarLounger

Post by JimmyC »

Hans--thank you for the clarification. I wish I could nominate you CEO of MS Office design...I can't imagine how much better Office would be. You would be more famous than any movie star or sports celebrity. I'll bet you can tell that I do not make a living providing career advice to people. JimC