Automatic Version Updates

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Automatic Version Updates

Post by Gloria E »

I'm using Google Chrome 17.0.963.66. Today I went to help and the same version download began installing. I had updated to the above version 2 days ago.

Why is this happening and is there anyway to make sure it doesn't happen again?

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

ChrisJakarta
StarLounger

Re: Automatic Version Updates

Post by ChrisJakarta »

Gloria E wrote:I'm using Google Chrome 17.0.963.66. Today I went to help and the same version download began installing. I had updated to the above version 2 days ago.

Why is this happening and is there anyway to make sure it doesn't happen again?

Gloria E
Gloria,

Are you sure that this latest download is not actually Google Chrome 17.0.963.78? There has been a spate of new versions of Chrome over the last week or so, including 17.0.963.65 and 17.0.963.66. This followed the recent demonstration of several vulnerabilities - see Chrome patches up after double dose of CanSecWest pwnage.

Chris

Update: I see that Google Chrome 17.0.963.79 has now been released. They're coming thick and fast!