Chrome browser - inhibit updates

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Chrome browser - inhibit updates

Post by ChrisGreaves »

I would love to know the “best” way to stop Chrome browser from updating itself.

There are myriad suggestions out there
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=stop+chrome+b ... 1-1&ia=web

I am using a Selenium Chrome Driver which is compatible with Chrome up to version 94 (it says), and four the past four weeks I have had v86 installed.

Chrome is insisting that the-world-as-we-know-it will come to an end unless v96 is installed ***now***.

A link to a site of Full downloads of older versions of Chrome would be appreciated, too.

Glumly yours
Chris
I’ve been tidying the junk out of my shed for five years, and now can hardly get into the shed

HansV
Administrator

Re: Chrome browser - inhibit updates

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Chrome browser - inhibit updates

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Thank you Hans.
I have v94 installed, and used the old "rename the Update" folder trick as a stop gap. It seems to have worked (for now) for the Chrome.Help.About screen complains that it has a problem. :clapping: :evilgrin:

Even better: My VBA project now not only starts, but successfully runs to completion.

FWIW my billing application shows that this cost me 31 minutes this morning and I suspect about the same amount of time last night. If I were a manager I'd be upset.
Cheers
Chris
I’ve been tidying the junk out of my shed for five years, and now can hardly get into the shed