Script Error

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Script Error

Post by Bigaldoc »

I don't remember how long this has been going on. Several times each day I get a small window popup in my Fx browser with the following message:

• A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: resource:///modules/NetworkPrioritizer.jsm:175

There are continue or stop the script buttons.

All this time, I thought it had something to do with one of the scripts in my own constructed homepage Index file. I have been disabling those scripts, one at a time and the problem continues.

A bit of Googling today makes it seem like this is a Firefox problem having something to do with "Save As" which I have not been using any time lately.

Has anyone experienced this, please, and if so do you know of a fix?

HansV
Administrator

Re: Script Error

Post by HansV »

Try disabling add-ons temporarily.
If the problem disappears, turn them on one by one and see what happens.
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

I DO get this occasionally or something similar to your message. Much less than a few times a day though, may once a week or more. So that would eliminate your homepage, I think. I just click allow or continue and it seems to be fine.
I never really tried to track this down to any particular cause, just an annoyance.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Thanks Bob. The only reason I started looking is that it's been happening at least a few times each day. I put it off, thinking it was one of the scripts on my own designed and coded web page.

Hans, from my Googling it seems to be a Firefox problem but I haven't found any workaround yet. I suppose I should try your idea with the addons to see if that has a bearing. It's a bummer because I never know when it's going to come up, so it takes some "waiting to see" time.

Thanks both of you!

Jim Cone
StarLounger

Post by Jim Cone »

Sounds like it could be the Machine Debug Manager "MDM" service built into Internet Explorer, but which also runs in Firefox.
In my experience, it is turned on every time Windows is updated. If you see MDM in Task Manager then disable it using...
Start | Run | Services.msc
'---
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA
https://goo.gl/IUQUN2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Dropbox)
Last edited by Jim Cone on 14 Oct 2016, 13:30, edited 1 time in total.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Nope, not present.