.NET Framework Assistant returns in Firefox 3.6

Post by John Gray »

John Gray

Venison is quiet deer, and quite dear.

IanWilson
3StarLounger

Re: .NET Framework Assistant returns in Firefox 3.6

Post by IanWilson »

John Gray wrote:And here's How to remove the .NET Framework Assistant for Firefox again... (See Method 2)
OK, explain please.

I don't use Firefox as my default browser, but I do have it, and I have updated to version 3.6. .NET Framework Assistant 1.1 appears in my list of extensions. But is this a bad thing, and why do I want to remove it. (And what is it for, anyway?)

Ian

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

IanWilson wrote:
John Gray wrote:And here's How to remove the .NET Framework Assistant for Firefox again... (See Method 2)
OK, explain please.

I don't use Firefox as my default browser, but I do have it, and I have updated to version 3.6. .NET Framework Assistant 1.1 appears in my list of extensions. But is this a bad thing, and why do I want to remove it. (And what is it for, anyway?)
Here's a bit of reading material, some of it from Woody and some from the "other place:"

MS09-054 patch zaps Firefox @ AskWoody.com
        .Net Framework Assistant » Windows Secrets Lounge
        Microsoft Firefox addons are blocked » Windows Secrets Lounge

IanWilson
3StarLounger

Post by IanWilson »

Bigaldoc wrote:
IanWilson wrote:
OK, explain please.

Here's a bit of reading material, some of it from Woody and some from the "other place:"

MS09-054 patch zaps Firefox @ AskWoody.com
        .Net Framework Assistant » Windows Secrets Lounge
        Microsoft Firefox addons are blocked » Windows Secrets Lounge
Well the two posts by TonyE in your third link seem to suggest that there isn't a problem. Or am I missing something?

Ian

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

IanWilson wrote:Well the two posts by TonyE in your third link seem to suggest that there isn't a problem. Or am I missing something?
There is no problem in having the add-on installed, but there are many that prefer not to have it, particularly as the add-on add itself silently when you install .Net Framework.
Tony

IanWilson
3StarLounger

Post by IanWilson »

TonyE wrote:
IanWilson wrote:Well the two posts by TonyE in your third link seem to suggest that there isn't a problem. Or am I missing something?
There is no problem in having the add-on installed, but there are many that prefer not to have it, particularly as the add-on add itself silently when you install .Net Framework.
OK - I'll leave well alone.

Ian