Firefox And Photo Viewing

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Firefox And Photo Viewing

Post by Bigaldoc »

Here's an anomaly that may very well be something due to an addon, or it may be inherent in recent Fx releases. I first noticed this behavior (I think) in version 7 and today it happened again in version 8.

Looking at someone's photos in Facebook. The image expands as some of ours do here in The Lounge. But, less than a second after the full image opens, the picture goes to BLACK. It happened again this morning while viewing a couple of pictures a friend posted from yesterday. I'll tell you the "solution" in a minute.

I switched from Facebook to The Lounge and went back to An Android Music Question in which Stuckling1 has helped me with a question. In that thread, his two images opened up all black. So, that's two so far.

In my case, I close Fx, empty the cache (I have a desktop shortcut to do that), restart and both of the image viewing problems above are gone. Just sayin...

HansV
Administrator

Re: Firefox And Photo Viewing

Post by HansV »

I visited that thread using Firefox 8, and some other sites that let you expand an image too. They didn't black out. So it may well be an add-in that causes your problems.
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: Firefox And Photo Viewing

Post by Bigaldoc »

That's what I'm thinking too, Hans. I only posted in case anyone else notices this phenomenon.

What's strange about it is that it only happens occasionally with no particular pattern that I can discern AND that emptying the cache has fixed it every time for me.

But then, that's the way these mysteries usually go.