Pinned Tab contents replaced by Location Bar Search

sobershea
2StarLounger

Pinned Tab contents replaced by Location Bar Search

Post by sobershea »

Previously, if I was in a pinned tab and used the Location Bar to search for a previously used site, my selection from the provided list would open in a new tab. Today, for some reason, the selection is displayed in the pinned tab, thus replacing the contents of the pinned tab. I know I can use Control/Enter to force it to open in a new tab, but I never had to before. I can't seem to find anything online and haven't made any changes to Firefox. Does anyone know if there is an about:config entry that needs tweaking to make this work the way it did before? Regular searches from the Search Bar open in new tabs but not from the Location Bar.

Example: Gmail is a pinned tab; while reading email I might want to look up something in the Lounge. Typing "Eileen" would provide a list of previously used sites; I would select the Lounge and it would open in a new tab, thus leaving the pinned Gmail tab alone. Today the same action navigates to the Lounge right in the pinned Gmail tab.

:hairout:

TIA
Sherry

HansV
Administrator

Re: Pinned Tab contents replaced by Location Bar Search

Post by HansV »

I cannot find any configuration setting that relates to your problem. The behavior that you describe persists in Firefox 6, just released.
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Not only can I not find a configuration setting, but I've never had that happen. When I type a url in the address bar, with or without "help" from previously used, the pressing of enter has always opened in the current tab.

Do you suppose this capability is via an addon of some sort?

sobershea
2StarLounger

Post by sobershea »

Big Al, I think you are correct about an add on. I had been using Tab Utilities and forgot that I removed it. I installed it again and it works the way I like. :clapping: If I type a url in the address bar it opens in a new tab. Thanks Hans and Big Al.
Sherry

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

You're quite welcome. Glad you found the solution.