Best wishes,
Hans

Argus
GoldLounger

Re: Update: Firefox 79.0 released

Post by Argus »

Oh how fun (changes changes changes) [from blog early July]:
Mozilla wrote:Changes to storage.sync in Firefox 79
Firefox 79, which will be released on July 28, includes changes to the storage.sync area. Items that extensions store in this area are automatically synced to all devices signed in to the same Firefox Account, similar to how Firefox Sync handles bookmarks and passwords. The storage.sync area has been ported to a new Rust-based implementation, allowing extension storage to share the same infrastructure and backend used by Firefox Sync.

Extension data that had been stored locally in existing profiles will automatically migrate the first time an installed extension tries to access storage.sync data in Firefox 79. After the migration, the data will be stored locally in a new storage-sync2.sqlite file in the profile directory.
And with the use of an albeit very old ver. of CCleaner I got problems with an extension to Fx; changed settings wasn't saved (at the time it didn't matter if you had the latest ver. of CCleaner).
Problem with Firefox 79 [fixed in v5.70]

https://hackademix.net/2020/08/05/cclea ... rk-around/

Release Info: CCleaner v5.70.7909, 6th aug 2020:
Important fix for Firefox users
Fixed a bug where CCleaner could wipe extension settings in Firefox if using a Firefox account
Huh, no Fx account here ...
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Update: Firefox 79.0 released

Post by HansV »

I had a problem with NoScript forgetting some (but weirdly not all) sites that I had declared Trusted. After a while I found that it was related to running CCleaner.
I do have a Firefox account, but much of the time I'm not logged in to it.
Best wishes,
Hans