FF Addons from Avast.

Roderunner
5StarLounger

FF Addons from Avast.

Post by Roderunner »

Hi Folks, I have the latest version of FF on both my computers, they are 'Synced'.
My 2 computers also have Avast Free installed.
I also have 4 copies of latest version of FF Portable.
On my Laptop, FF (installed version) was found to be very slow so I refreshed it. It is now working better.
On restarting my Laptop & opening FF (installed version) Avast informed me WOT was untrusted, so it was removed. It did not remove WOT from any of my Portable versions.
On FF (installed version) I also have Avast Online Security plug in. Can it be added to FF Portable. Today (10 May) I posted this on Mozilla Forum, Yesterday I posted the same on Avast Forum, NO reply as yet.
The above is for info only.
What I would like to know is your suggestion for a WOT replacement
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

HansV
Administrator

Re: FF Addons from Avast.

Post by HansV »

The problem with add-ons like WOT (Web of Trust) is that they rely on user reviews, so someone could rig the system by submitting lots of positive (or negative) reviews.

The premium version of Malwarebytes has exploit protection built in (there is still a free beta version - see Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit beta)
Best wishes,
Hans

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Re: FF Addons from Avast.

Post by Roderunner »

Hi Hans, most of my very little browsing will be done on FF installed version.
I had another version of MalwareAntiMalwareBytes on my pc's yonks ago and had to do a complete reinstall. Will have a look anyway. I have a good backup restore program on both my toys.
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.