Enabling Javascript

BobH
UraniumLounger

Enabling Javascript

Post by BobH »

Running Quantum (57.0.2 64 bit) on Windows 7.

When browsing to Pinterest.com, I get a message saying that Pinterest cannot run correctly unless I enable Javascript. I checked in about:config and found the entry below.

This tells me that Javascript is enabled, but I also have NoScript installed; so I checked and it was not listed. I added Pinterest as a trusted site; however, I still cannot view the item in Pinterest that I want.

What am I missing?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: Enabling Javascript

Post by HansV »

When I visit Pinterest, I find that I can only continue if I log in, and since I have no desire to do so, I can't check which settings are needed.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Enabling Javascript

Post by Rudi »

I Bob,

I cannot seem to recreate that issue (in a similar setup as you).
Have you tried disabling any other extensions (activating them one bu one) to see if any specific one is the culprit?

Other options you could try (from Pinterest help files):
  • Clear your cache and cookies: Your browser’s cache and cookies help you avoid loading the same images more than once. It’s good to occasionally clear them. Find out how to clear your cache and cookies.
  • Try browsing Pinterest in incognito/private mode: Browsing in private mode turns off your extensions, and doesn’t use the same cache or cookies as your regular browsing. Learn more about browsing in private in Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer. If browsing in private mode fixed your problem, you’ll want to clear your cache and cookies or try disabling your extensions until you find the culprit.
  • Turn off your extensions and add-ons: Ad-blocking and anti-tracking extensions (like Adblock or Ghostery) often conflict with Pinterest. Try disabling those extensions and see if that fixes the problem.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.