Update: Firefox 57.0 (Quantum) released

Argus
GoldLounger

Re: Update: Firefox 57.0 (Quantum) released

Post by Argus »

Thank you Tony, for mentioning another alternative; and thanks Leif for your comments.

But ...
Am I supposed to see anything in ScriptSafe when browsing(!)? Guess I am, but after I've disabled NoScript and installed ScriptSafe I see nothing in its settings. It doesn't matter if I disable the other add-ons (2). (At the moment there is no support for Private Browsing in Web Extensions, according to ScriptSafe, so this seen in standard windows.)

And this, empty.
2017-12-12_A.PNG
Sigh. With everyone plus dog using mobiles for just about everything, it was just a matter of time before dialogue windows were removed from the browser UI in all versions. So now* Settings, Add-on management etc. is just another tab taking up space, getting in the way in History (it's a tab after all).

*Since quite some time, but with Web Extensions it's even more obvious.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

This is what I see:
x.jpg
...and top-right of my Firefox window when I click the Green tick mark (or red X if blocking):
y.jpg
It may be a silly question, but could you be blocking the add-on script...?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leif

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

Leif wrote:This is what I see:
[...]
It may be a silly question, but could you be blocking the add-on script...?
Thanks for your reply, Leif.

I don't know. If I have disabled NoScript and the two other add-ons, only running ScriptSafe, I'd assume it's not blocking anything, but what do I know.
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

Argus wrote:[...] after I've disabled NoScript and installed ScriptSafe I see nothing in its settings. It doesn't matter if I disable the other add-ons (2). [...]
Leif wrote:It may be a silly question, but could you be blocking the add-on script...?
Sigh. Cookies ... :exclamation:
Background: I white-list cookies, i.e. I have been blocking all cookies except those that I add to the (quite long) list in Firefox, just for the session or as permanent cookies. Nothing odd, I thought. It's there; it's possible to use it. Silly me. But it has been working all OK. That said, when visiting a new page, or if they for some incomprehensible reason decide to change modus operandi, part of troubleshooting has always been to check scripts and cookie permissions; support has never heard of scripts etc. they expect everyone is running with all things enabled [which reminds me of Eddie Izzard in Glorius; "there is always one :censored: thing you haven’t done"]. Why you, for example, suddenly would need a cookie to see images is beyond me, but that's how it is.

So, looking at Firefox's Page Info window (wonder when that will become just another tab), Permissions > Set Cookies, when ScriptSafe's Options is open in a tab I obviously find that Firefox is blocking cookies for "moz-extension://yaddayadda". Sigh, again. Cookies, to get an add-on working?

I had read something about cookies and ScriptSafe a couple of days ago, when looking at the reviews of ScriptSafe. I think someone mentioned that settings were lost when Firefox was closed/cookies were deleted, or similar. Of course I didn't remember that, until I checked the settings above ...

Ahh, progress ... Guess the best way is just to follow the general flow; enable cookies, scripts and automatic updates for everything.

So, if ScriptSafe's UI doesn't work, check settings for cookies.