Allowed Sites On FireFox

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Allowed Sites On FireFox

Post by hlewton »

I'll try to make a long story short. I use FF as my default browser and just found it necessary to add an Allowed Site Exception to it. All is fine and I can see the Exception I added on in the "Allowed Sites - Add-ons Installations" window which appears when I add the exception. On 3 of the computers there it lists 3 - 5 sites maximum in this window and shows the "Status" as "Allowed." On the computer I use most of the time I see hundreds, if not thousands, of sites and their "Status" is "Blocked." I add the site I want to but do not see it anywhere. I have quickly paged through all those blocked sites and do not see anything listed as "Allowed." Since I can't see the Allowed site I just added I can only take a chance that it was accepted. So my question is can I delete all those "Blocked" sites since the other machines don't seem to need them? Or I should, as I have had to do in the past, uninstall FF and reinstall it but I am not sure that would eliminate all those blocked sites. I have no idea where or how they got in that list since I never even knew of this option until about 15 minutes ago.

Edit: I just found I can sort that list and can see the allowed sites but still there are hundreds of blocked sites listed that I have no idea how they got there.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: Allowed Sites On FireFox

Post by HansV »

The "Allowed Sites - Add-ons Installations" has a "Remove All Sites" button below the list of sites.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:The "Allowed Sites - Add-ons Installations" has a "Remove All Sites" button below the list of sites.
Not sure if you're asking if that button is available or not. The Remove All Sites button is available. Do you think I should use it? There are so many blocked sites and that is what is confusing. Most are something along the lines of http: //008i or http: //007guard. Have no idea what they are.

Edit: I had to put 3 spaces between the ":" and the // because it automatically turned it into a link here and I don't think that would be good.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Since you mention that you haven't added those blocked sites yourself, I assume that an add-in or utility has added them, probably for a purpose. So I would leave it as it is, unless you are sure that you want to get rid of them.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:Since you mention that you haven't added those blocked sites yourself, I assume that an add-in or utility has added them, probably for a purpose. So I would leave it as it is, unless you are sure that you want to get rid of them.
I am not sure of anything at this point. I only know my other machines do not show any blocked sites and this one has hundreds of them. I guess I better leave well enough alone, at least for the time being.

Thanks for the help.
Regards,
hlewton