Right arrow missing in site info dropdown box

Teunis
3StarLounger

Right arrow missing in site info dropdown box

Post by Teunis »

Using FF48.01 64 bit, the right arrow on the page info is missing (see attached snap), which prevents me from adding special permissions, such as push notifications, to this site.

Any ideas please?
Regards, Teunis
Snap1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Right arrow missing in site info dropdown box

Post by HansV »

I do get an arrow, but I'm using the 32-bit version.
S1164.png
But you can always get more details by right-clicking the page and selecting View Page Info from the context menu, or by activating the menu bar and selecting View > Page Info.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Teunis
3StarLounger

Post by Teunis »

Hans,

Thanks for your input, but my Menubar View has no drop down list with pageinfo. FF 64 bit bug? Neither right clicking the page.

Regards, Teunis

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

That might well be. Do you have a specific reason for using the 64-bit version? If not, you might switch to the 32-bit version.
Best wishes,
Hans

Teunis
3StarLounger

Post by Teunis »

I did and it has the same problem, perhaps a Windows 10 AU (Anniversary Update) problem. So I reinstalled FF 64 bit and found that PageInfo has been removed to the Tools DropDown list.
Is that the same in your version?
Regards, Teunis
Snap2.png
Snap3.png

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm using Firefox 48.0.1 (32-bit) on Windows 10 Anniversary Update (64-bit), and I do have Page Info in the Tools menu. But your screenshot has it too!
S1166.png
You appear to have several add-ins. Perhaps one of those is interfering?
Best wishes,
Hans

Teunis
3StarLounger

Post by Teunis »

Yes, starting in safe mode, the right arrow is back. Same result with refresh. When I reinstalled AdBlockPlus the righjt arrow disappeared again. Uninstalling AdBlockPlus did not work: right arrow remained gone! So I am sticking with the Tools|PageInfo method now.
Thanks for your help.

Regards, Teunis
PS After refreshing FF starts much faster. I had backed up my settings previously with MozBackUp, which helped me to restore the bookmarks and favourites toolbar easily.