Saved passwords in FF

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Saved passwords in FF

Post by Roderunner »

Hi Folks
I have always allowed FF to save my passwords for certain web sites, (I live alone & no one has access to my pc's)
This feature has stopped recently, is it my fault or built-in to newest version of FF.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Saved passwords in FF

Post by HansV »

I haven't seen complaints about the most recent version.

See Usernames and passwords are not saved for general info on saving passwords.
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Roderunner wrote:Hi Folks
I have always allowed FF to save my passwords for certain web sites, (I live alone & no one has access to my pc's)
This feature has stopped recently, is it my fault or built-in to newest version of FF.
Under Tools>Options>Security, See if Remember Log ins for sites is checked.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Hi Folks,
Tried to reply yesterday but was unable to 'Submit' my post.
I can still get auto access to this site, Windows Secret Lounge & Seven Forums, all others were not easily accessible mainly ones ran by Microsoft.
I cleared all Saved Logins as in post above and ran Ccleaner, nothing has changed.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Some advice from the FF site re. this issue:
(Note, I do not use FF, so I have not tried or verified this advice)
FF wrote:
1. You can remove all data stored in Firefox from a specific domain via "Forget About This Site" in the right-click context menu of an history entry ("History > Show All History" or "View > Sidebar > History") or via the about:permissions page. Using "Forget About This Site" will remove all data stored in Firefox from that domain like bookmarks, cookies, passwords, cache, history, and exceptions, so be cautious and if you have a password or other data from that domain that you do not want to lose then make sure to backup this data or make a note.

You can't recover from this 'forget' unless you have a backup of the involved files.
It doesn't have any lasting effect, so if you revisit such a 'forgotten' website then data from that website will be saved once again.

2. It is possible that there is a problem with the key3.db file (encryption key) and the logins.json file (encrypted names and passwords) in Firefox.

You can rename the key3.db file (key3.db.old) and logins.json file (logins.json.old) and rename a possible signons.sqlite file (signons.sqlite.old) or move them to another folder to make it possible to undo the action.
You need to set a new Master Password after renaming or deleting key3.db and all currently saved passwords are lost.
If that has worked then you can remove the renamed files that are no longer needed.
Otherwise you can rename the files to their previous names (key3.db and logins.json).
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.