Foxit reader plugin

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Foxit reader plugin

Post by PaulB »

Up until recently, Firefox opened PDFs using the Foxit reader plugin. Now it uses the native Firefox PDF reader. The Foxit plugin has disappeared from Firefox and I cannot restore it, even by re-installing Foxit reader. Is this no longer a supported plugin? I much prefer the Foxit reader.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Foxit reader plugin

Post by HansV »

It should still work. Have you checked Help > Check for Update in Foxit Reader?

In Firefox:
Click the "hamburger menu" button, then click Options.
Alternatively, press Alt if necessary to display the menu bar, then select Tools > Options.

Select Applications in the navigation pane on the left hand side.
Select 'Portable Document Format (PDF) in the list of Content Types.
Select 'Use Foxit Reader Plugin for Mozilla (in Firefox)' from the dropdown.
Close the 'About Preferences' page.

This is what it looks like for me (Firefox 45.0 on Windows 10):
S0909.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Re: Foxit reader plugin - resolved

Post by PaulB »

Following up on the suggested solutions (thank you, Hans), it appeared that the Foxit Reader plugin was AWOL. It did not appear in the list of add-ons nor did it appear in the list of apps available to deal with PDFs.
Snip.JPG
A search of my C: disk found a copy (npFoxitReaderPlugin.dll) in C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\plugins (32 bit programs). My last two downloads of Firefox were the 64 bit version. That was the problem. As soon as I installed the 32 bit version of Firefox the problem went away.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.