Firefox’s scroll bars disappear

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Firefox’s scroll bars disappear

Post by ChrisGreaves »

I noticed Firefox’s scroll bars disappear the other day; I’d not noticed this before and didn’t expect it to happen.
Firefox01.png
Here I am in Firefox 38.0.1 just bopping around. The vertical scroll-bar is visible on the right-hand side of my screen. Firefox is maximised (Alt-space,x)
I use Ctrl-PlusSign to increase the font size, as I thought.
Firefox02.png
And the scroll bar appears to have been “magnified” off the right-hand side of the screen.
My expectations were that the font (and graphics) sizes would be increased, and that I would have to spend more time scrolling. And that I’d have the scroll bar for that.
I now suspect that there is something wrong with my understanding of the effect of the Ctrl-PlusSign sequence.
:scratch: :scratch:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Firefox’s scroll bars disappear

Post by Rudi »

See if the advice on this page helps.
NOTE: Start with the advice from the from the bottom of the page and work your way upwards...
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Firefox’s scroll bars disappear

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Rudi wrote:See if the advice on this page helps.
NOTE: Start with the advice from the from the bottom of the page and work your way upwards...
Thanks Rudi; :cheers:
I'll give this a shot when I get home; since I was off-line at the time the aberration (as I see it) appeared.
I note in passing the references to the cache. My cache is on a RAM disk, and I generally don't experience browser cache-related problems.
Cheers
Chris
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle