Firefox 37.0.2 Lost Bookmarks Toolbar Icons

BobH
UraniumLounger

Firefox 37.0.2 Lost Bookmarks Toolbar Icons

Post by BobH »

I shut my PC down last night instead of allowing it to hibernate. When I booted this morning, I found that the icons on my Bookmarks Toolbar have disappeared. The bar is displaying but there is nothing in it. Right-clicking on the toolbar area shows Menu and Bookmarks toolbars checked. In trying to troubleshoot the issue, I discovered that my Bookmarks Library is empty.

This poses 2 questions immediately:
1) What caused their disappearance?
2) Is there any way to recover them?

:scratch:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: Firefox 37.0.2 Lost Bookmarks Toolbar Icons

Post by HansV »

See Profiles - Where Firefox stores your bookmarks, passwords and other user data. Perhaps you can find a backup file that still contains your bookmarks.
Best wishes,
Hans

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

Interesting. I noticed yesterday that one of our PC's suffered a similar fate. Coincidentally, I temporarily lost my own Bookmarks Toolbar a few minutes ago ( :hairout: ) but disabling and then re-enabling it brought it back.

If you navigate:
Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks > Import and backup > Restore...
Do you get offered anything like this?
x.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leif

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Since posting, I shut down all apps and ran Malwarebytes. It detected no problems, no threats; however, when I reopened Firefox, all bookmarks magically reappeared including the icons in the toolbar.

Some things cannot be explained, I guess.

Thanks for the replies!

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs