Add-Ons Management Screen - cannot exit from

curious
3StarLounger

Add-Ons Management Screen - cannot exit from

Post by curious »

PERHAPS coincidental, but after installing Blur, whenever I try to do something in FF, ie close Firefox, hit a Bookmark,try to exit the screen, I cannot. (OS=Windows 7).I cannot Remove Blur, cannot disable it. Cannot get out of Add-on screen:. When I click on the Close Window for Add-ons from Win7 taskbar, nothing happens. When I click on Mozilla Firefox from taskbar, am taken to a new window and all is fine, until I try to exit FF from there-- am taken back to Add-0ns Management screen, still unable to close it.
Also strange, I had just downloaded most recent version of FF)

Anyone else have this problem of not being able to exit Add-on Manager screen? Not being able to exit FF?

(If you're wondering, am using Pale Moon to write and send this) Thank you!

Edit: only when I could close FF was via Task Manager...

HansV
Administrator

Re: Add-Ons Management Screen - cannot exit from

Post by HansV »

Can you uninstall it using Revo Uninstaller Free?
Best wishes,
Hans

curious
3StarLounger

Post by curious »

Thanks for reminding me about Revo. This morning, with fingers crossed, I booted up and all was ok!!!

Am puzzled by so few Restore points showing after clicking on Show more. Only lists from the 18th to today. Is there some hidden folder showing more? I have an enormous amount of free space, so I wouldn't think the earlier ones would be deleted...

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The number of restore points depends on the space allotted to System Restore. By default, it's set to 5% of the system disk capacity, I think. You can check/change the setting in the Recovery control panel.
Best wishes,
Hans

curious
3StarLounger

Post by curious »

Thank you, Hans.

There was no value in Max Usage, so I adjusted the slide.

I saw that ''Turn off system protection" was checked. Does that make sense? I'm assuming that is the default setting...

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

On my computer, the options are "Turn on system protection" and "Disable system protection":
S0206.png
If your really have an option "Turn off system protection" and it was selected, that would mean that System Restore was not functioning...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

curious
3StarLounger

Post by curious »

My OS is Windows 7. Here is a screen shot of System Protection screen. I have been able to Restore, hence my puzzlement.

Should I leave this alone (checked), would you suggest since it does Restore? My thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

It looks like System Protection is turned off for the D: drive but turned on for the C: drive - your system drive. If you select C: and click Configure..., you can see the settings for your system drive.
Best wishes,
Hans

curious
3StarLounger

Post by curious »

As always, your answers are so very clear. Thank you, thank you.