Firefox Scroll Bar Gone Missing

BobH
UraniumLounger

Firefox Scroll Bar Gone Missing

Post by BobH »

Since installing 32.0.1, the vertical scrolling slider at the right edge of the screen has gone missing. I can still scroll using my mouse wheel, but I wondered if anyone else had experienced the loss of the vertical scroll slider.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: Firefox Scroll Bar Gone Missing

Post by HansV »

I still have the vertical scrollbar in 32.0.1.

Does scroll side bar doesnt work help?
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Hans! :wine: :wine: :wine:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Hi BobH, it depends on how large you made the page. Reset by pressing Ctrl + 0, now scroll bar won't vanish. If FF is set to zoom text only as in my image it fixes it.
RR.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, RodeRunner.

Just to clarify, the scroll bar is present. It it the slider within the scroll bar that sometimes goes missing and just as mysteriously reappears on another web page display.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

BobH wrote:Thanks, RodeRunner.

Just to clarify, the scroll bar is present. It it the slider within the scroll bar that sometimes goes missing and just as mysteriously reappears on another web page display.
I have an idea that this - for whatever reason- can be coded out by whoever wrote the web page you are viewing. Is it consistently missing on specific sites, and never on others?
Leif

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Leif wrote:
BobH wrote:Thanks, RodeRunner.

I have an idea that this - for whatever reason- can be coded out by whoever wrote the web page you are viewing. Is it consistently missing on specific sites, and never on others?
I have not yet deciphered a particular pattern. Sometimes - for example, as I'm typing this - it disappears here at Eileen's Lounge but returns later or on different pages. Could it have something to do with the presence of a data entry screen? Perhaps. I just have not discerned a pattern.

Thanks, Leif!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

If the page in question is enlarged by a certain amount usually 3, causes it to vanish.
This is not required here. as Eileen's Lounge has it's own enlargement feature built-in.
RR.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.