Adding a webpage to Favorites

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Adding a webpage to Favorites

Post by Gloria E »

There's one thing I dislike about using Firefox. I cannot find how to add a web page to bookmarks. I've searched Google and on Firefox itself and found nothing that made sense to me. I want to add my new homepage to the folder Media but i find that impossible. :scratch:

All I want is just a simple go here and do this, can some of you brilliant people help me with this simple task? :thankyou:

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Adding a webpage to Favorites

Post by Rudi »

Hi Gloria,

Does this link solve your query?
http://forums.techarena.in/windows-software/1153192.htm
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Double click the little star at the right hand side of the box where you type URL's
bookmark1.png
Then click the little arrow that lets you select a target folder, select a folder, and click Done
bookmark2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StuartR

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

Gloria E wrote:I want to add my new homepage...
If it is your true 'Homepage'. you don't really need to bookmark it - just click on the 'Home' icon in your toolbar...
x.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leif

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

StuartR wrote:Double click the little star at the right hand side of the box where you type URL's

Then click the little arrow that lets you select a target folder, select a folder, and click Done
Thanks Stuart, I'm going to try your solution and Stuart's too. One of them should work.

My thanks again to both of you.

Gloria E
Last edited by HansV on 17 Apr 2010, 19:17, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: to correct quote tags
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Gloria E wrote:There's one thing I dislike about using Firefox. I cannot find how to add a web page to bookmarks.
All the other posts notwithstanding, unless I'm completely misunderstanding your question, just drag the icon for the web page to Bookmarks and navigate to the place where you want it, then drop it.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Maybe I'm reading your question wrong, but adding a web page to the bookmarks in Firefox is as simple as clicking the Bookmarks menu option (in the line below the title bar for the page you're viewing) then clicking Bookmark this page in the drop down menu then clicking Done in the Page Bookmarked panel.

You can use the page name suggested or type in your own. You can also choose what folder to put the page in and add tags to it in the Page Bookmarked panel.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

Bigaldoc wrote:
Gloria E wrote:There's one thing I dislike about using Firefox. I cannot find how to add a web page to bookmarks.
All the other posts notwithstanding, unless I'm completely misunderstanding your question, just drag the icon for the web page to Bookmarks and navigate to the place where you want it, then drop it.
There's one thing wrong with doing as you suggest and that is, I can't find the folders to add it too. I don't get a list of folders and that's what this post is all about.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Gloria E wrote:There's one thing wrong with doing as you suggest and that is, I can't find the folders to add it too. I don't get a list of folders and that's what this post is all about.
Sheesh, I don't understand what happens to YOU, Gloria, when you try to drag as I suggested. A screenshot would help. What DO you see when you drag a page icon to the Bookmarks entry? Do you not get a flyout like this?

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

If Gloria has never been able to create a bookmark in FF then she wont have a bookmark folder struccture to navigate.

In which case, Gloria can use the 'Organise Bookmarks' option on the Bookmarks menu to do what it says.

Ken

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

stuck wrote:If Gloria has never been able to create a bookmark in FF then she wont have a bookmark folder struccture to navigate.

In which case, Gloria can use the 'Organize Bookmarks' option on the Bookmarks menu to do what it says.

Ken
Hooray :clapping: This solves the issue, I followed the directions and at the end I selected:Bookmark Menu and a list of the bookmark folders appeared.

Thank you Ken. :fanfare:

Goshute
3StarLounger

Post by Goshute »

Gloria E wrote:This solves the issue, I followed the directions and at the end I selected:
Bookmark Menu and a list of the bookmark folders appeared.
In both IE and FF, keyboard shortcut "Control-D" saves favorites. But where in IE Ctrl-D just adds the URL to the root favorites list, in FF it brings up a dialog box within which you select the target Folder. Play with that feature and see if you like it; it's my preferred method.
Goshute
I float in liquid gardens

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

Goshute wrote:
Gloria E wrote:This solves the issue, I followed the directions and at the end I selected:
Bookmark Menu and a list of the bookmark folders appeared.
In both IE and FF, keyboard shortcut "Control-D" saves favorites. But where in IE Ctrl-D just adds the URL to the root favorites list, in FF it brings up a dialog box within which you select the target Folder. Play with that feature and see if you like it; it's my preferred method.
Thanks friend, I sure will try your method for FF, there's no problem with IE favorites. IE and FF are almost as different as Win XP and Win 7, I guess the old saying that you can't teach an old dog new tricks applies to me for sure.

Gloria E