Unresponsive Script Notices

geecee
3StarLounger
Location: Australia - SOUTH MORANG - A northern suburb of the city of MELBOURNE in the state of Victoria

Unresponsive Script Notices

Post by geecee »

I am frequently getting Unresponsive Script notices with the options of Continue or Stop Script. There is also "Don't ask me again" box. What, if anything, apart from the obvious, will happen if I check the box?
George

When we're gaun up the hill o’ fortune, may we ne'er meet a frien' comin' doun!
(When we are going up the hill of fortune, may we never meet a friend coming down!)

:smile: Don't cry because it's over...Smile because it happened.l :smile:

:note: At the end of the day it's midnight. :note:

HansV
Administrator

Re: Unresponsive Script Notices

Post by HansV »

I would not click "Don't ask me again", you'd run the risk of Firefox becoming totally unresponsive.

It would be useful to know when and why you get these warnings. Does it occur on specific websites only, or on all?

See Warning Unresponsive script - What it means and how to fix it for some possible causes and solutions.
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

By the way, I have moved this thread from the Windows Vista forum to the Firefox forum since it is a browser problem, not a Windows problem.
Best wishes,
Hans

geecee
3StarLounger
Location: Australia - SOUTH MORANG - A northern suburb of the city of MELBOURNE in the state of Victoria

Post by geecee »

HansV wrote:I would not click "Don't ask me again", you'd run the risk of Firefox becoming totally unresponsive.

It would be useful to know when and why you get these warnings. Does it occur on specific websites only, or on all?

See Warning Unresponsive script - What it means and how to fix it for some possible causes and solutions.
Thanks for the link Hans. I'll see what happens after I follow the instructions.
George

(When we are going up the hill of fortune, may we never meet a friend coming down!)

geecee
3StarLounger

Post by geecee »

geecee wrote:
HansV wrote:I would not click "Don't ask me again", you'd run the risk of Firefox becoming totally unresponsive.

Thanks for the link Hans. I'll see what happens after I follow the instructions.
Nothing for a day and a half. Thanks again Hans.
George