Update: Firefox 29 released

HansV
Administrator

Re: Update: Firefox 29 released

Post by HansV »

Ha ha! There are only 16,847,650 other persons in The Netherlands...
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Howdy, Bob!

I'm using Walnut 2 and the max.min.close buttons appear just fine after installing Fx 29.0. I did nothing but install and restart.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

I've not been offered FF 29 yet but I suspect it will fall out of the sky very soon. I'm still in the age of the dinosaurs and even though I'm on FF 28 my tabs are still in their traditional location, under the location bar. Will this be possible in the brave new world of FF29? Or do I have to change my habits of years?

As I mentioned in another (Win 8) thread recently, I feel old :gramps:

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The Classic Theme Restorer add-on mentioned by TonyE on page 1 of this thread enables you to undo most or all of the interface changes. And the developers of Pale Moon have promised to keep the 'classic' Firefox look.

I've been using Firefox 29 with the new Australis interface for a day now, and I quite like it - it's uncluttered and I had no problems finding things. But that's just a personal opinion of course.
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

HansV wrote:Ha ha! There are only 16,847,650 other persons in The Netherlands...
Thought he might have been an old buddy of yours? Next door neighbor? :laugh:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Yeah, very likely!
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

BobH wrote:Howdy, Bob!

I'm using Walnut 2 and the max.min.close buttons appear just fine after installing Fx 29.0. I did nothing but install and restart.
Just got a reply from the author who suggested a reinstall of the latest build. Did that but still got the same thing. Do you have version 2.0.24 of Walnut 2? That's what I have and it definitely is a problem with the theme because when I restore the default theme, there are all of the min, max, exit buttons.
I replied back to the author with this latest info. He seems very responsive up tho this point , so hope he keeps it up. :scratch:
BOB

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

viking33 wrote:
BobH wrote:Howdy, Bob!

Just got a reply from the author who suggested a reinstall of the latest build. Did that but still got the same thing. Do you have version 2.0.24 of Walnut 2? That's what I have and it definitely is a problem with the theme because when I restore the default theme, there are all of the min, max, exit buttons.
I replied back to the author with this latest info. He seems very responsive up tho this point , so hope he keeps it up. :scratch:
Guess I opened my mouth too soon. No reply from the author yet.
Meanwhile, I have reverted back to version 28, where all works fine.

BobH, did you check what version of Walnut 2 you have?
It sure looks like a clash between Fx 29 and Walnut 2 theme but which one is the culprit? :scratch:
BOB

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

UPDATE....SOLUTION?
Just another SWH? After reverting back to version 28 back a few days ago, I decided to give version 29 one more shot today. I reviewed all of the options in 28 and updated to 29 using the check for updates link.
Well, I'll be a son of a *****, there were the min, max and exit options, in all their glory!
Don't have the faintest idea what happened, since I did try this route before and it didn't work?
So all is well in Firefoxville. ( for now ) :clapping:
BOB