saving a copy of Bookmarks

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

saving a copy of Bookmarks

Post by Dave Davison »

Seeing it is on the cards that XP will have to be consigned to the trash can I thought I would save my extensive list of Bookmarks in case the shop techie forgets when he wipes "C" drive & installs W7. I did some searching and find that the sequence for so doing is : - Open Firefox > Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks > Import & Backup > Export HTML > Select destination for file and Save.
BUT the "Organize Bookmarks" option is not available on my set up [see screenshot] Suggestion please! :scratch: Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: saving a copy of Bookmarks

Post by HansV »

Select Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks (or press Ctrl+Shift+B).
This opens the Library dialog.
In this dialog, select Import and Backup > Export Bookmarks to HTML...
S0749.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Alternatively you can use the Sync option to synchronize all your bookmarks to the Firefox cloud and make them accessible on any device where you are running Firefox.
StuartR

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thankx guys noted both..........cheers Dave.

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Hi Folks,
Any idea when this option was changed, I used .JSON to back-up my bookmarks in the past.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

aekyall
4StarLounger

Post by aekyall »

Probably a silly question :groan: but ......... could someone confirm for me please that the process of importing bookmarks from IE to Mozilla will not result in the bookmarks being removed from IE? In other words, is it a 'copy' process not a 'cut and move' one?
Thanks,
Regards,
Keith

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Roderunner wrote:Hi Folks,
Any idea when this option was changed, I used .JSON to back-up my bookmarks in the past.
The option 'Backup...' results in a .json file that can be used to restore bookmarks in Firefoc only.
The option 'Export bookmarks to HTML...' results in a .html file that can be imported again into Firefox, but that can also be used to simply open the file in any browser.
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

aekyall wrote:Probably a silly question :groan: but ......... could someone confirm for me please that the process of importing bookmarks from IE to Mozilla will not result in the bookmarks being removed from IE? In other words, is it a 'copy' process not a 'cut and move' one?
Thanks,
Yes, 'Import Data from Another Browser' is a copy operation. Your IE bookmarks will remain as they are.
Best wishes,
Hans

aekyall
4StarLounger

Post by aekyall »

Thank you!
Regards,
Keith

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

HansV wrote:
Roderunner wrote:Hi Folks,
The option 'Backup...' results in a .json file that can be used to restore bookmarks in Firefoc only.
The option 'Export bookmarks to HTML...' results in a .html file that can be imported again into Firefox, but that can also be used to simply open the file in any browser.
My mistake, I never looked closely enough.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.