I am sorry to have to abandon Mozilla.

Rus
StarLounger

I am sorry to have to abandon Mozilla.

Post by Rus »

As Mozilla has recently presented their organization as "Narrow" minded "Heterophobes" (Or what ever the opposite of "homophobes" is.) I can no longer support them by using any of their products. :flee:
By being so intolerant that they will not allow their Leader to contribute to whomever he desires without negative consequences I will abandon them.

I am now glad that they abandoned Thunderbird.

I'll be looking at Chrome this week end. :scratch:

Rus
StarLounger

Re: I am sorry to have to abandon Mozilla.

Post by Rus »

Rus wrote:As Mozilla has recently presented their organization as "Narrow" minded "Heterophobes" (Or what ever the opposite of "homophobes" is.)
I can no longer support them by using any of their products. :sad:

By being so intolerant that they will not allow their Leader to contribute to whomever he desires without negative consequences I will abandon them. :flee:

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Seems you are doubly sure about moving to Chrome!! :laugh:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Rus wrote:As Mozilla has recently presented their organization as "Narrow" minded "Heterophobes" (Or what ever the opposite of "homophobes" is.) I can no longer support them by using any of their products. :flee:
By being so intolerant that they will not allow their Leader to contribute to whomever he desires without negative consequences I will abandon them.

Rus,
I really don't know what you are talking about?
Care to expand your thoughts about your position? :scratch:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

BenCasey
4StarLounger

Post by BenCasey »

I believe that as a company, no company should have a political view unless it is set up specifically for that purpose and it is clear to all what that is.

As for individuals, they should be allowed to express their freedom of speech and support/vote for whoever and whatever without it impacting on their career.

When I join a company they do not ask me what my political or religious views, etc, etc are. That is how it should be. if I then posting a private matter on (for example) facebook then that should be up to me BUT there should not be any reference on any of my postings relating to, or mentioning my employment. Including the person profile bits which refer to what jobs you have had or currently hold. These should be left blank but if you do include them, then you can expect to receive such comments as in this case in question.

As an individual I detest racism in all its forms and believe each person should be judged as a person and not be defined by his politics, race, colour or creed. Such a view should have no impact on my employment whatsoever even if I should one day find myself working for a company that holds strong views on such matters.

I once knew a man who stated openly that he hates all Jews. When pressed as to "why", all he could come up with was "because my parents did". I know people who vote for party xyz and you know what, they often have exactly the same answer. Free-thinkers NOT.

Having visited over 30+ countries I met loads of very nice people and some not so nice. I do not believe you can generalise in such matters.

Sexual relationships should be left t the individuals concerned. I once worked for a smashing bloke who was "gay" and had been in a relationship with another guy for over 30 years. What is wrong with that?
It did not, and should not, have anything to do with his employment or his company or his career.

I don't know if my ramblings make any sense but they are what I feel.
Regards, Ben

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts."
- Richard Feynman

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

You, of course, should have your own personal views and I agree with most of those stated but I don't think it should enter into the decision to use a particular piece of software. I use Mozilla because I think it's a decent program. I really don't care what their CEO thinks of the worlds morality.
That being said, I don't wish to get into a further discussion here. You can switch browsers and that will be that.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

This post might help those who like Firefox, but not Mozilla.
http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4163" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube