Adobe flash plug in persistently crashing

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Adobe flash plug in persistently crashing

Post by Dave Davison »

I think I may have asked this before but can't locate it in my posts; Adobe Flash plugin consistently crashes if I pause a video to perform some other action. I have clicked the "Send Report" tab and searched the Firefox forum but can't make head or tail of the posts. Seems that literally hundreds of people are experiencing the same sort of problem. Is there a simple answer to this annoying anomaly please? Thanks Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Adobe flash plug in persitenlty crashing

Post by HansV »

There appears to be a persistent problem with recent versions Flash Player and Firefox. You might consider switching to Internet Explorer or Chrome...

One suggestion that might - or might not - help is to disable hardware acceleration - see Solve video playback issues. Right-click the Flash icon on that page, then clear the check box "Enable Hardware Acceleration".
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thank you Hans, before I explore those suggestions is it not possible to revert back to some earlier version of Flash Player which did not induce this problem? Can't imagine why (with so many people experiencing this irksome problem) the issue is not being attended to! To ditch Fire Fox would be a pity as I find it's Favorites feature better than Explorer and
- though I may be one in a very small minority - I don't gloat over Chrome. Many thanks Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You could try uninstalling the current version of Flash Player and install an older one, available from Archived Flash Player versions. Do you remember which was the last version that didn't cause problems?
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I would strongly recommend that you do NOT revert to an earlier version of Flash. Each update includes security updates and flash security holes are a very popular target for hackers.
StuartR

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Re: Adobe flash plug in persistently crashing

Post by Dave Davison »

..........thanks for both the comments, truly appreciated as one endeavors to keep abreast of current updates and remain protected from the unscrupulous villains who delight in causing trouble for innocent surfers. Regards Dave.

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

...........back to this very frustrating anomaly; a little reluctant to revert to IE as I quite like Firefox but will certainly consider it if this glitch is not remedied soon. Followed your suggestion Hans but it persists. Any other suggestions gents please. Regards Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Jefferson Scher suggests disabling protected mode. See jscher2000's first reply in the thread Solution to Flash crash that seems to work!. The thread contains other suggestions too, but not all of them are useful.
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

.........thanks Hans will check that out...Dave