Saved passwords

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Saved passwords

Post by PaulB »

My main browser is Firefox but I'm experimenting with Safari on my iPad. There is a setting in Safari that allows saving passwords for sites that request passwords not be saved. Is a similar setting available in Firefox?
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Saved passwords

Post by Rudi »

Firefox does not seem to have this as a native setting, but have a look at this add-on which seems to provide what you are requesting. I do not use Firefox so I cannot comment on its functionality.

See: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... passwords/
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

Good find, Rudi. Just what I was looking for. Thanks.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

It can be done by unticking it.
RR.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

Roderunner wrote:It can be done by unticking it.
I assume you are referring to "Remember passwords for sites".

George, I think that would not have the desired effect. I want to save passwords. Some sites, however, request that the password not be saved. Firefox respects that request. I would like Firefox to override that request like Safari does.
Regards,
Paul

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

OK Paul.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

Claude
cheese lizard

Post by Claude »

Personally, I wouldn't (and don't) save any passwords on any of my mobile devices, just in case it (or they) get(s) stolen. While I can shut down all devices remotely, it may take me a while to realise that the item is missing, during which time damage can be done by the thief if the passwords are saved.
Cheers, Claude.

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

I do agree with you, Claude. I never save passwords for my banking sites and sites where they have my CC or other financial information. I only save passwords for sites that I consider 'low impact' with respect to my safety and security. Even then, the saved passwords are protected by a password secured password manager.
Regards,
Paul