Firefox 17 released

HansV
Administrator

Firefox 17 released

Post by HansV »

Firefox 17 is available from the internal update mechanism or from Mozilla Firefox.

See Release Notes.
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: Firefox 17 released

Post by Bigaldoc »

Thanks, Hans, got 'em both.

Interesting (and rare) fluke happened. I got up this morning to find a message window on my screen that my Shadow Protect backup had failed. One of those send/don't send popups.

Strangely, behind it but somewhat visible was a Firefox notification window for 17.0.

Computer was hung and had to use Task Mgr to restart. When I did fortunately my Shadow Protect backup continued, so it somehow remembered where it was when the crash occurred.

Jim Cone
StarLounger

Post by Jim Cone »

http://www.ghacks.net is reporting that in Firefox 17...
"...Some may have noticed an assortment of odd problems in the browser after the update, among them that the Add-ons Manager won’t open up anymore, or if it does, that no clicks are accepted on its page..."

The above is attributed to the use of the "Tab Mix Plus" add-on.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Thanks for that post, Jim. Interesting thing for me is that in the article they tell how to use Fx Help for a "Troubleshooting" page which I'd never done before.

That IS a very informative page, if nothing else, for the IDs of all addons so you can find them on your drive if need be.