Firefox 16.0.2

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Firefox 16.0.2

Post by Bigaldoc »

Just had a popup a few minutes ago of this update. Hmmm, when I go to the Fx site, the page says I'm up to date, so don't be misled. These IS a 16.0.2 in the download.

Download: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fx/#desktop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Security Fixes: https://www.mozilla.org/security/known- ... refox.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HansV
Administrator

Re: Firefox 16.0.2

Post by HansV »

Yes, I got the update too (automatically).
Best wishes,
Hans

silverback
5StarLounger

Post by silverback »

Hi, Big Al
As you have always seemed to be so happy with Adblock Plus, I have installed on Firefox.
Are there options which should be set and, if so, what are your recommendations, please?

Thanks
Silverback

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

As i understand it, you get the random assignment of EasyList or FanBoy's List. For no good reason, other than history and tradition, I choose Easylist, or replace the installed FanBoy with EasyList.

Adblock Plus is quite wonderful*, and removes adverts to the extent that I would hardly know if they were originally present!

* I would even say "awesome", except that I regard this as a meaningless word in this context...
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

silverback wrote:... Are there options which should be set and, if so, what are your recommendations, please?
I'm with John. I never have done any custom filters and use the EasyList.

I was recently fighting some popup ads and did try a couple of custom blocks but that was fruitless because the ads were coming from another Fx (rogue) addon which I've since eliminated.

I was going to put a couple of screen clips, with and without AdBlock Plus, but you can easily see that yourself by turning it off and on at a web site of your choice. It's a WONDERFUL, awesome :blush: product.

NotQuite
3StarLounger

Post by NotQuite »

I also use Adblock Plus with EasyList. Simply, it works! Havn't seen an ad in too long to count!!!
Regards: NotQuite

Not So Damp in Lotus Land

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

I installed Adblock Plus a number of years ago and I've been very satisfied with it. It just works away in the background with no noticeable impact on performance and seems to update itself every 4 days.

I just checked my options for Adblock Plus. I noticed I am using both Easylist and Fanboy. Should I drop one or the other or neither?
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Hmmm, Paul, I never thought to try that. I guess the old "if it ain't broke" would apply in your case.

When I first added AdBlock, I had no idea and tried to look at the details behind the EasyList. It's such a long thing, I couldn't make heads-or-tails out of it, so I left well enough alone. I don't know if the two lists contain any dupes, but your choice sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

Anyone else have light to shed?

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

OK, I'll leave both lists active until someone convinces me to do otherwise. Thanks.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Abd I followed your lead the now have both active also. So, let's see...

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Bigaldoc wrote:Abd I followed your lead the now have both active also. So, let's see...
I've also had both lists enabled for some time without problems. Tried with one at a time without any apparent noticeable difference.
Running 16.0.2 current.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

I've always used both EasyList & Fanboy's and I used Adblock Plus for years. Never had any trouble.

'Tis the best thing since sliced bread :yum:

Ken