Problem forwarding a webpage

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Problem forwarding a webpage

Post by Gloria E »

Internet Explorer = I'm using version 9.0.8112.16421 of IE, it was NOT installed as an update. I tried but it took to long to download so I got it from Microsoft's download page.

My problem is I can't find the File Menu, I need it to forward webpages, especially as an email or a link. I read the post by RonH titled: Send page/link by email but it didn't apply. Nothings wrong with my WLM, my problem's with IE9 In fact there are no options at all at the top of the page, except the symbol of a house (home), a star (view favorites,feeds, history) and what looks like a nut or a gear (tools). No print options, it's as naked as a pluked chicken.

I have 2 toolbars: RoboForm and Lexmark, these I can see, plus the address bar. Other than those I'm blind as a bat in daytime.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Problem forwarding a webpage

Post by HansV »

Press the Alt key to display the menu bar.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:Press the Alt key to display the menu bar.
Great! I've got it, :clapping: but will it hold or do I have to do this each and every time? :scratch:
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Pressing Alt will only display the menu bar temporarily. To display it all the time, right-click the title bar of the Internet Explorer window and select Menu Bar from the context menu. This will be permanent (or until you turn it off again).
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

Thanks Hans, what would I do without you guys? I found and selected the Menu Bar and it poped up pretty as you please. I was so afraid that I might forget how to do it by just pressing the ALT button. I owe you a bottle of the best beer sold in NJ, where do I send it?

IE9 is hiding things pretty good, who would have thought that the Menu Bar could be displayed like that. I realize that they wanted it to be mean and slick but too mean and too slick are not options I appreciate.

Bless you,

Gloria E

tedshemyers
2StarLounger

Post by tedshemyers »

If you right click on an empty space of the top task bar in IE9, you can turn on the menu bar here to always be on.
Have a Great Day!
Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 MHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HD, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit