IE9 M.I.A.

Roderunner
5StarLounger

IE9 M.I.A.

Post by Roderunner »

Not that I'm particularly bothered, IE9 RTM is not yet added to Windows Update.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: IE9 M.I.A.

Post by John Gray »

It's a fairly major change, so I suppose that Microsoft are letting the enthusiasts have first crack at this browser, and then mop up the apathetic later.
John Gray

Venison is quiet deer, and quite dear.

tedshemyers
2StarLounger

Post by tedshemyers »

The large numbers that have flocked to download IE 9 RTM outside of Windows Update are those of us that can't wait for cutting edge. I suspect it will be added to Windows Update on the next Update Tuesday. IE 9 RTM is my default with Chrome a distant second. In fact the only site I use Chrome for right now is Windows Secrets Lounge because of an enhanced upload attachment problem I'm having there, otherwise IE 9 would be my choice for all sites.
Have a Great Day!
Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 MHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HD, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I'm waiting for everyone else to iron out the early bugs. I am in no hurry to update IE.

I did accept the upgrade to Firefox 4, and it's going to take me a while to get used to the changed interface, I have seen no benefits yet.
StuartR

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

As a Web Developer (ha, ha) I think I'll wait for IE20.

Edited: or 22.86 :grin:
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

IE9 RTW has been released to Windows Update for those who have IE9 Beta or IE9 RC installed. No word yet on when it will be generally released but I would expect it to be soon.

Joe
Joe