Can't get a tab to open site

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Can't get a tab to open site

Post by Gloria E »

While using WinPatrol Plus, I clicked on a link named: Plus Info which is supposed to take me to BillP Studios. Recently the link will not open the site. A tab appears and I see connecting and there it sits going no where fast.

Is there something I should do to correct this? It was working fine until recently. I'm thinking that perhaps I should not allow tabs (is that a work around that might work)?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Can't get a tab to open site

Post by HansV »

Can you follow the link BillP Studios - WinPatrol 18?
If so, can you get the info you need?
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:Can you follow the link BillP Studios - WinPatrol 18?
After I made the post, I went to Internet Options and enabled page transitions and enabled websites to use the search pane, found under Browsing. Went back to WinPatrol and clicked on the Plus Info link again and the webpage opened.

Yes, I was able now to follow the link you provided, but I didn't need anything from there.

Therefore, consider this post as fixed, although I have no idea what page transitions is or does, it worked and that's all I really care about.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

"Enable page transitions" allows websites to fade pages in and out - a harmless feature.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:"Enable page transitions" allows websites to fade pages in and out - a harmless feature.
Thank you for the explanation. But if that is all it does why did if fix Plus Info? Since I only allowed the two things I mentioned, those were the only things I did before it started working again.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I don't know for sure, but I assume that WinPatrol uses a fade-in effect to display the info in a browser tab.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:I don't know for sure, but I assume that WinPatrol uses a fade-in effect to display the info in a browser tab.
I guess no one knows for sure and I don't care enough to ask them. The fact that it worked is enough for me.

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Gloria E wrote:
After I made the post, I went to Internet Options and enabled page transitions and enabled websites to use the search pane, found under Browsing. Went back to WinPatrol and clicked on the Plus Info link again and the webpage opened.
I have been a long time user of WinPatrol and decided to test your issue. In IE8 my settings for enable page transitions was checked, while enable websites to use the search pane was unchecked. I went to the Plus tab and clicked on the Check for new WinPatrol version and it linked fine. I then repeated the process for the News from... and it also linked correctly.

I then unchecked the enable page transitions, exited from IE8 and then reloaded IE8. I repeated the checking of the WinPatrol links and again all was well.

I reset the enable page transitions, retested, and again all worked as expected.

So maybe the explanation for your issue is that Bill's website was inaccessible for a short period?
Regards,
Bob

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

BobArch2 wrote:
Gloria E wrote:
I have been a long time user of WinPatrol and decided to test your issue. In IE8 my settings for enable page transitions was checked, while enable websites to use the search pane was unchecked. I went to the Plus tab and clicked on the Check for new WinPatrol version and it linked fine. I then repeated the process for the News from... and it also linked correctly.

I then unchecked the enable page transitions, exited from IE8 and then reloaded IE8. I repeated the checking of the WinPatrol links and again all was well.

I reset the enable page transitions, retested, and again all worked as expected.

So maybe the explanation for your issue is that Bill's website was inaccessible for a short period?
It wasn't for a short time, I tried it the day before I posted and just before posting. Each time the same thing occurred. If the site was busy, it was busy for a long time. But since you went to the trouble of testing it, I will accept your explaination.

Gloria E