Using Nitro Reader In IE

BillW
3StarLounger

Using Nitro Reader In IE

Post by BillW »

I have recently switched to using the free version of the Nitro Reader and I really like it. I have set it as the default reader for .PDF files. Unfortunately when I click on a link in a web page and the link says the file is a .PDF, IE (9) opens the file directly inin IE not in the Nitro Reader. If I right-click the link and save the target on my hard drive the file is saved as a .PDF document and double-clicking it will open it in the Nitro Reader.

Is there any way to make IE use the Nitro Reader for .PDF files?

Thanks,
Bill

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Using Nitro Reader In IE

Post by stuck »

I don't have Nitro nor am I a IE user but in Adobe Reader there is a 'display PDF in browser' tick box (Edit|Preferences|Internet) that is checked by default. I suggest you look for the equivalent in Nitro and untick it.

Ken

BillW
3StarLounger

Re: Using Nitro Reader In IE

Post by BillW »

Thanks for the suggestion. I can't find any selection in the Nitro Reader that is equivalent to the one you mentioned in the Adobe Reader but I'll look again to make sure I haven't overlooked it. I did run across indications on the Internet that the Nitro Reader can be used in IE so I'll keep looking. I have also tried to find a support forum for the Nitro Reader haven't had any luck there either! Actually I did find a place that claims to be such a forum and there is a login form but I couldn't find any way for a new user to register! Kind of strange!

Thanks for the help.
Bill