os change with office

LisaGreen
5StarLounger

os change with office

Post by LisaGreen »

Hi,

Does anyone have experience of having word and/or excel 32 bit vba macros and going from win 32 to win 64 with both macros and os please?
To be clearer maybe..

Win 32 OS and office 32 bit
to
win 64 OS and win 64 office.

TIA
Lisa

HansV
Administrator

Re: os change with office

Post by HansV »

If possible, I'd stay with 32-bit Office on 64-bit Windows. 64-bit Office has few advantages over the 32-bit version but lots of compatibility issues.
  • Most or all ActiveX controls won't work in 64-bit Office.
  • All code that uses Windows API functions (defined by lines that begin with Declare or Private Declare or Public Declare) will have to be modified.
Best wishes,
Hans

LisaGreen
5StarLounger

Post by LisaGreen »

Hey Hans,

That would mean obtaining a copy of 32 bit office. This copy - 64 bit - came free with a new 64 bit laptop and w11. At the time I saw no reason not to use it as it should bring me up to speed with that version. Also I have no clear idea if 32 bit office will live happily with w64 bit office.
Because it came with a new laptop I feel certain other people have come across this. I can't believe I'm the only one.

The main issue for me in this context is that the install process seem tto have been aligned and the paths of the files. I don't want to automatically store on onedrive.

TIA
Lisa

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You can specify that Office apps should store locally by default, in File > Options > Save:

S2331.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans