The subject is not trusted for the specified action.

AlanMiller
BronzeLounger

The subject is not trusted for the specified action.

Post by AlanMiller »

I'm trying to develop a userform in Office 2003 and notice that numerous controls are unusable and result in this message. I'm actually wanting something like a Flexgrid which can be extended as required, by the user on the userform. Each added row represents a separate [item, price, description] line on an order form, so the user can keep adding order lines and filling them in. The equivalent in a document would be a multicolumn table and just having the user adding a row at the bottom as required. I can think of a few ways to do this but my main concern is not to run into any "quirks" like the one above, especially since I don't know what "similar but different quirks" might occur on client machines. In other words, I guess I'm after a really basic generic method, which relies only on "basic" VBA, rather than develop around some quirky control whose use relies on certain updates, versions, permissions etc.

Alan

HansV
Administrator

Re: The subject is not trusted for the specified action.

Post by HansV »

You are correct that it's better to avoid the ActiveX controls. Alternatives:

- Use Excel. The table feature introduced in Excel 2003 has the ability to add a new row built in. There's also a simple data form (Data | Form), and John Walkenbach has a free Enhanced Data Form that works entirely with standard userform controls (the source code is available for a small fee). See The Spreadsheet Page - Data Form Home.

- Use Access. A form bound to a table does what you want, without programming.
Best wishes,
Hans

AlanMiller
BronzeLounger

Re: The subject is not trusted for the specified action.

Post by AlanMiller »

Thank you Hans. I think I'm going to have to put my foot down on this. I have seen the Access alternative and have tried to push the client into using Access. They want Word (for no good reason other than that's what they're familiar with). The whole development is an Access project waiting to happen. I think it's time to take the line that I'll only develop it in Access and they'll just have to learn it.

I'll also look at the XL solution. It sounds like something useful to have up one's sleeve. :grin:

cheers
Alan