Points, Inches, Centimetres, ...

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Points, Inches, Centimetres, ...

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Web pages abound, for sure, but I was brought up short this afternoon while upgrading my table-driven styles generator.
Like all good Canadians I measure things in Centimetres rather than Centimetres, and MSWord gives me five options for units.
Untitled2.png
Then I noticed that although in Tools, Options I have specified Centimetres, in the Format, Style, Modify, Format, Paragraph boxes my indents (left and right) can be specified as 4 ("4 cm"), while the space Before and After seems always to default to units in Points.

Since my tables allow relative measurements (" +1 " and " *1.3 ") as well as absolute values ( " 2 " ) and by default ( "" ) use of the parent style's characteristic, I am sitting down and giving this some serious thought.

By the time I have resolved the setting in Tools, Options and any historic values brought in by a document that has to be cleaned up, I may well have re-written MSWord ... :flee: :flee:
Cheers, Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

HansV
Administrator

Re: Points, Inches, Centimetres, ...

Post by HansV »

I measure things in Centimetres rather than Centimetres
Who doesn't? :evilgrin:
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Points, Inches, Centimetres, ...

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:
17 Feb 2023, 20:23
I measure things in Centimetres rather than Centimetres
Who doesn't? :evilgrin:
Me.

I measure things in Centimeters rather than Centimetres, but I types them as ... Oh. Never Mind!!!! :grin:
Cheers, Chris
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle