Productive day with VBA . . .

kwvh
3StarLounger

Productive day with VBA . . .

Post by kwvh »

Hans,

I hope this is the right place for 'attaboys'.

I had a project today using Excel automated via Access. I needed 4 pivot tables on the same tab in an Excel spreadsheet using data from Access. I knocked the project out in an hour. Two years ago it took a couple of days to code, test, ask for help, fix, retest and deploy.

When i finished the project today, I realized how much more productive I have become, and your influence. Based on many of the things you have shared with me (and others) I have learned a great deal. Select Case (instead of If/Then), for/next loops and especially Code to create pivot tables via VBA are only a few of the things in my arsenal thanks to you. No more recording and converting macros. What previously took me 100's of lines of VB code I accomplished in less than 80 lines today.

I don't mean to disregard what I have picked up from others here, but you have been there so many times when it really counted. THANK YOU HANS ! ! ! :clapping:

Respectfully,

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Re: Productive day with VBA . . .

Post by HansV »

Thank you for your kind words!

I have learned a lot from others, many of whom were/are active in Woody's Lounge and Eileen's Lounge. Without them I wouldn't have been able to post as many replies. And I myself have also benefited from the research for those replies. So I thank you and the other Loungers too for posting interesting questions!
Best wishes,
Hans