VBA for Beginners - WORD

BobH
UraniumLounger

VBA for Beginners - WORD

Post by BobH »

Once again, I'm making a foray into learning a bit about VBA. I found a good YT series called VBA for Beginners for Excel, but I want to learn first for the Word environment because I have a specific need to create a VBA tool. This is my motivation and provides a tangible reason to create my own VBA code.

Can anyone suggest a good online tutorial for VBA for Word? I've looked around a bit and found nothing that compares well with the Excel VBA tutorial I started.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: VBA for Beginners - WORD

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: VBA for Beginners - WORD

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobH wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 02:22
... I have a specific need to create a VBA tool. This is my motivation and provides a tangible reason to create my own VBA code.
Hi Bob; I can't suggest a good tutorial, but given who you are and where you are, and based on what I think I know of your background - I can suggest a strategy:-
Do the "goal" thing - write down in English a one-breath statement of what you want your application to achieve, then offer it here as an English statement.
Then break it down into smaller logical English statements (the top-down approach) and submit that until one of us says "Bob; this statement is a doable chunk of code for you", and translate that English statement to VBA code with guidance.

Once you have struggled waded through that first little module, you can start wading through more modules.
Rinse and repeat.

You'll not find a better VBA-for-beginners support group than the one that you are in.
I can promise you that!

Cheers
Chris
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle