VBA / NET

Nasser
StarLounger

VBA / NET

Post by Nasser »

Hi,

I heard that an excel /VBA can be opened from the NET. I have developed a program in excel VBA and i am thinking if it is possible to get access the program from the internet. I think i first need to ceate a web page, is that right?

Could you please give me some guidance how the students can get into my program from the internet instead of opening the excel and get through the applications.

Cheers,
Nasser.

HansV
Administrator

Re: VBA / NET

Post by HansV »

Yes, you'd need to create a web page for that, and to have space on a web server to store it.

You can save the workbook to the web server, and make it available as a link on a web page. The users can then - depending on their settings - open the workbook in their browser or in a separate instance of Excel, or download it to their hard disk. They would need to have Excel installed on their PC.

For Excel 2000, 2002 and 2003 there was an Excel Web Component that mimicked much of the functionality of stand-alone Excel, but there is no version for Excel 2007 or 2010.
Best wishes,
Hans

Jan Karel Pieterse
Microsoft MVP

Post by Jan Karel Pieterse »

Note that if the file is opened INSIDE internet explorer, some functionality of your VBA code may not work as expected.
Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP jkp-ads.com

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Good point, thanks for mentioning it!
Best wishes,
Hans

Nasser
StarLounger

Post by Nasser »

Hi,

I will come sure to ask more questions when i create the web page.

Many thanks
Nasser.