Autofilter with Items selected in ListBox

chikitin
NewLounger

Autofilter with Items selected in ListBox

Post by chikitin »

Hi Every Body,
I have a ListBox with Multiselected Items (with checkBox), and I have to do Autofilter in My sheet: Table, to find matching rows. perhaps, there is another idea to do this?

I've done this, but it doesn't run: error at the end about: .Columns(Columns.Count).AutoFilter field:=1, Criteria1:="F"
HELP!!!!

Code: Select all

Dim i As Long, LastLig As Long

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
With Sheets("Table")
   LastLig = .Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row
   .Columns(Columns.Count).Delete
   For i = 0 To ListBox1.ListCount - 1
      If ListBox1.Selected(i) Then
         .Range("B1:B" & LastLig).AutoFilter field:=1, Criteria1:="=" & CDbl(Me.ListBox1.List(i))
         .Range(.Cells(2, Columns.Count), .Cells(LastLig, Columns.Count)).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Value = "F"
      End If
   Next i
   .Range("B1").AutoFilter
   .Columns(Columns.Count).AutoFilter field:=1, Criteria1:="F"
End With

HansV
Administrator

Re: Autofilter with Items selected in ListBox

Post by HansV »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

In a quick test, your code appears to work OK. Could you attach a small sample workbook(without sensitive data) in which the error occurs?

Note: I'd use .Columns.Count instead of Columns.Count, to make sure that you use the column count of the Table sheet.
Best wishes,
Hans

chikitin
NewLounger

Post by chikitin »

Thanks Hans,
Here is my WorkBook, it's in French, The userForm is the "Employe" (because there are many others...), so in this UserForm: I have a ComboBox1 where I chose the usine(columnC), Where work some peoples who are in column B, I Choose in the listBox1 (with Checkbox) to show in ListBox2 some names.
the code is in CommandButton2_Click, and I'd like that the sheet "Table" is filtered by the names who are choosed in ListBox2.
Thanks for your help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm confused - ListBox2 is not multi-select. Moreover, ListBox2 is filled with text strings (names), so the line

.Range("B1:B" & LastLig).AutoFilter field:=1, Criteria1:="=" & CDbl(Me.ListBox2.List(i))

throws an error because of the use of CDbl. Are you Employe is the correct userform?
Best wishes,
Hans

chikitin
NewLounger

Post by chikitin »

Yes, Employe is the correct UserForm, I understand that you say I mustn't use CDbl, I use it for a textBox and I think......
So what do I use instead of CDbl with the ListBox2.List?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You can change the line to

.Range("B1:B" & LastLig).AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="=" & Me.ListBox2.List(i)

I changed Field:=1 to Field:=2 because Excel looks at the entire range, and you want to filter on the name column. And I simply removed CDbl.
Best wishes,
Hans

chikitin
NewLounger

Post by chikitin »

Thanks a lot Hans.