Visual Basic Runtime Error

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Visual Basic Runtime Error

Post by Gloria E »

I was attempting to install Visual Basic Runtime version 6.0 to install some of Karn's Tools. After the download a message appeared and I quote.

Program Compatibility Assistant:
"If this program didn't install correctly, try reinstalling again (vbrun-setup.exe), using settings that are compatible with this version of Windows (Windows 7 64-bit). Reinstall using recommended settings.

The second choice offered was to check: This program installed correctly.

Becuase I didn't know if it installed correctly or not I choose the latter. The assistant closed and I could not find the installation file anywhere. I tried to reinstall, hoping to get the Assistant, but no cigar.

I have contacted Karen, but I was informed that she reads all emails but doesn't reply to many (or words to that effect). When I went to Windows to install from there, the file didn't apply to Windows 7. All of Karen's Tools require VB6 Runtime to be installed, so where can I go to get a download file that works with my OS?
BTW: I downloaded the file directly from Karen's webpage.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Visual Basic Runtime Error

Post by HansV »

Most, if not all of Karen's tools will automatically install Visual Basic Runtime if needed. Did you try to install Visual Basic Runtime separately?
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:Most, if not all of Karen's tools will automatically install Visual Basic Runtime if needed. Did you try to install Visual Basic Runtime separately?
On 'All of Karen's Power Tools' webpage, it plainly states under Notes, "Be sure to install the Visual Basic Runtime V6.0 before installing your first Power Tool." So, I was followin her instructions, is she wrong? :scratch:

I went to the page where I thought it could be downloaded and installed but the Applied To column did not list Windows 7, so I did not use it. If you know of a page that's applicable to my OS please point me to it.

I will appreciate everyone's assistance in this matter.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Every page I visit on her site has a note like this:
x81.png
So there is no need for you to install it, and it shouldn't be necessary anyway since the Runtime is included in Windows 7. Just install the tool or tools that you want.
I'd download the install file for the tool (not for the Runtime!) to disk, then right-click it and select "Run as Administrator" from the popup menu.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:Every page I visit on her site has a note like this:
x81.png
So there is no need for you to install it, and it shouldn't be necessary anyway since the Runtime is included in Windows 7. Just install the tool or tools that you want.
I'd download the install file for the tool (not for the Runtime!) to disk, then right-click it and select "Run as Administrator" from the popup menu.
Thank you Hans, your information will decrease the things I have to do to get her tools. I'm on my way.

Gloria E