Input Parameters on a Report

Winston
Lounger

Input Parameters on a Report

Post by Winston »

I need to pass a parameter to a stored procedure from a report in an .adp access project. Normally I would just put this in the Input Parameters property of the report. Example
@to_date = forms![frm_rpt_mstr]![toDate]

The issue that I am having is when running the report; it is not seeing the control or the form. This I believe is due to how I am calling/opening the form. I have a tree list control on the main form. When a node is clicked, it changes the SourceObject of a subform. Example
Me.sfmGeneric.SourceObject = str_doc_open
Me.sfmGeneric.Form.Requery

When opening the form this way my report does not see the parameter. If I just open the form directly the report runs and works normally

Is there another way to pass this parameter to the report?

Thanks,
Winston

Winston
Lounger

Re: Input Parameters on a Report

Post by Winston »

I had to step away from this project for a couple of days due to failed Windows 7 SP1 installations. Once I got back though, it hit me that you have to reference the parent form then the sub form. Changing the Input Parameters property on the report to @to_date = Forms![frm_tree].[sfmGeneric].form![tDate] the report runs correctly.

It has been a few years since I had to work with Access, SQL, and VBA that I might have forgotten more than I thought. I think I should dust off some of the old study guides.

Winston

HansV
Administrator

Re: Input Parameters on a Report

Post by HansV »

Thanks for the update!
Best wishes,
Hans