Issue With Loading a Table Using An Append Query

richlocus
2StarLounger

Issue With Loading a Table Using An Append Query

Post by richlocus »

Hello:

I have two queries that work together using the Query Builder.

Query 1 (A Pass-through SQL query) is a "Select" type query that is the input to another query (Query 2) that uses Query 1's fields to append to a second table.

See the attached illustration.

Query 1 (A select query that obtains records from a remote server) produces about 250,000 records from the remote server when I view it by itself.
Query 2 (that uses Query 1 as the input source) is an append query that populates a local table in my Access application.

It is a simple append with no filters or conditions, yet after the append, it only appends about 230,000 records.

Why would I lose 20,000 records with no warnings? This issue is a "show stopper" until I get it fixed or create a workaround. Ideas?
Is there a method that allows me to see why a records is being rejected in the append if that is the issue?

Thanks,
Rich Locus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

richlocus
2StarLounger

Re: Issue With Loading a Table Using An Append Query

Post by richlocus »

Hello:
This was my issue. The table which was the target for my append had text fields with the "Required" set to Yes. Since there were empty text fields in my source of the append, I set the "Required" to "No".

I didn't notice these issues because the code had DoCmd.SetWarnings Off

I turned on warnings, and was able to see the issue.

Please close this issue. Thanks!!
Rich Locus

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Issue With Loading a Table Using An Append Query

Post by StuartR »

The power of posting! Thanks for letting us know your solution.
StuartR