Dynamic Report

Stew
StarLounger

Dynamic Report

Post by Stew »

Its been awhile since I have posted here. This forum was a great help as i was constructing my database, however I have risen into a issue I hope for more help. In another thread we discussed using a multiclick box to create a report based on field names. I have attached a dumbed down version. However I am using the same code that works on a previous version that you gave me Hans. I see no syntax changes, and no reason for it. However on the more compiled version (as well as the dumbed down version I have) the code is createing an error. If you could look at it and see if you can see what I am overlooking I would greatly appreciate it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

teachesms
2StarLounger

Re: Dynamic Report

Post by teachesms »

Stew,

I am sure HansV will reply with a thorough solution, but when I look at your VB window I see two things you could check while waiting for a more concrete answer from Hans...

1. In the VBA window ensure you go to Tools...References...and make sure your Microsoft DAO object is on.
2. You refer to Marine, but there is no where in your tables that has a Marine (number datatype) inserted...yet your code says it can't be empty else you get the message box to appear stating to enter one. (Which of course I got).

Maybe check those things while waiting for Hans...
If you can't convince them, confuse them - Harry S. Truman

Nannette

Stew
StarLounger

Post by Stew »

Well I am rather confused. After hours of getting the error, and changing nothing. A computer reboot fixed my problem.

Teachesms,

I may have deleted my relationship on accident while watering down my program, but Marine is suppose to be linked SSN in tblMain.

teachesms
2StarLounger

Post by teachesms »

Stew,
That is quite interesting. :) I have done the same thing in the past myself, and have since learned...when all else fails, give the shut down a try. On occasion, it does the trick just as it did for you today. LOL I liken it to kickin it in the rear! Whatever works!
If you can't convince them, confuse them - Harry S. Truman

Nannette