Pivot Chart Strange Behaviour

grovelli
4StarLounger

Pivot Chart Strange Behaviour

Post by grovelli »

A previous post made me realise the very peculiar behaviour of the pivot chart in the attached mdb. On the startup form, select "Portata Povo" then, on the calendar, select 1 September 2009, click on the button that says, "set start date", on the calendar select 30 September 2009 and click on the button that says, "set end date" and click the Chart button. You'll see the chart this time, but only once!!! If you close the file and reopen it and repeat the same steps, the chart is gone, to view it again you have to rename the Copy of PortPov form to PortPov and there it is again! Can anybody explain this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pat
5StarLounger

Re: Pivot Chart Strange Behaviour

Post by Pat »

Hi Grovelli,
I dont get that problem, although initially i had 2 MISSING references, after deleting them mine works fine.

I ran this under Access 2003.
Last edited by Pat on 10 Oct 2010, 00:31, edited 1 time in total.

Carol W.
3StarLounger

Post by Carol W. »

I ran it under Access 2010 and initially had 1 missing reference. Once I eliminated that, I got an error per the attached. The error message was "There is no object in this control".

Does this help?
access error.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carol W.

grovelli
4StarLounger

Post by grovelli »

Thanks Carol & Pat :-)
Does the pivot chart show in this attached mdb? On my pc it doesn't. This time the form record source uses a table created from data originally in SQL Server.

By the way Carol, I think the error message you get is because the calendar ActiveX control on the Grafici form isn't registered on your pc. I use Access 2003.

Pat
5StarLounger

Post by Pat »

It shows no probs on mine.

grovelli
4StarLounger

Post by grovelli »

You can see the line in the chart as well? Because I get a nice screen with 'Portata Povo dal 01/09/2009
al 30/09/2009', a Y-Axis in the range 0-16000 in steps
of 2000 and a Y-Axis Title l/s and Categories for the X-Axis title but no data or graph.
If so, what couple of references have you deleted?

Pat
5StarLounger

Post by Pat »

Sorry Grov i may be wrong, here is what i get. Is this what you mean by cannot get data or graph?

grovelli
4StarLounger

Post by grovelli »

That's what I get as well, the line is gone and it stays gone while if you open the attachment to my starting post(PivotChartWorks.mdb) you will see it but only once. If you close the file and reopen it and repeat the same steps, the chart is gone, to view it again you have to rename the Copy of PortPov form to PortPov and there it is again.

Carol W.
3StarLounger

Post by Carol W. »

By the way Carol, I think the error message you get is because the calendar ActiveX control on the Grafici form isn't registered on your pc. I use Access 2003.
I think this issue is beyond me but, just out of curiosity, how do I register the ActiveX control?
Carol W.

grovelli
4StarLounger

Post by grovelli »

I might be mistaken, but I believe the calendar ActiveX control has been superseded in 2007/2010 by a built-in calendar. Which reminds me I have lots of those calendars hanging around in my 2003 files so I'll have to find the best way to replace them when I switch over. :flee: :hairout: :scratch:

JohnH
3StarLounger

Post by JohnH »

Carol W. wrote:I think this issue is beyond me but, just out of curiosity, how do I register the ActiveX control?
This is how you used to do, but that option seems to be have been removed from 2007 and 2010.

This article says what you need to do now. This line of code will bring up the Dialog from earlier versions.
Register.gif
Another case of making something harder than it used to be.
Regards

John

Carol W.
3StarLounger

Post by Carol W. »

Thanks, John.

Just to add to the confusion, they've named the Action "RunMenuCommand" in 2010. The Microsoft article (Method 2) refers to "RunCommand". :hairout:
runmenucommand.jpg
Carol W.