Access2000 - decimals in query result missing

StoneChucker
StarLounger

Access2000 - decimals in query result missing

Post by StoneChucker »

Hi all,

I have an MS Access 2000 database that I'm trying to write a new query in. The query runs against various linked CSV datafiles.

In my query, I'm looking at a table called "Transactions". On this table, is a column "FuelUnits", accurate to one decimal place (ie. 32.3). When my query runs, it drops the decimal (ie. 32) if it is set to anything other than a "Fixed" format. When fixed, it rounds to 32.0.

My linked table is setup to have the field as format "Double", and correctly displays the value when looking directly at the table. In the query, I've "right-clicked --> properties" and setup the column for this value to display 1 decimal place.

I'm at a loss as to why my query result does not show the correct value, but rather the rounded value.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to correct this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Christopher

HansV
Administrator

Re: Access2000 - decimals in query result missing

Post by HansV »

Could you post small samples of the .csv files (at the least of the Transactions file)? There's not much we can do with the database without them.

(In a quick test with a .csv file I created myself, the problem didn't occur)
Best wishes,
Hans

StoneChucker
StarLounger

Re: Access2000 - decimals in query result missing

Post by StoneChucker »

Hi again all,

Sorry I didn't see the response sooner, but I discovered that my query worked, as long as I didn't attach other tables to it. Not what I wanted, but workable.

I've since created a maketable query that looks only at the Transactions table, taking only the columns and results I want. I will now use this new table, to link with the other tables to get my desired result set.

Christopher