No Login Form

burrina
4StarLounger

No Login Form

Post by burrina »

Recently I came across an idea for a No Login Form and just go straight to the MainMenu. Maybe again just a preference but what are your thoughts on this? Good or Bad or just a Preference!

ComputerLoginName = Environ (“UserName”)
If not your pc user then you cant login.

HansV
Administrator

Re: No Login Form

Post by HansV »

It depends on how secure you want to be. Environ("UserName") returns the value of the environment variable UserName. A computer-savvy person can easily change its value in a command prompt window.
Best wishes,
Hans

burrina
4StarLounger

Post by burrina »

Yes , I have found that out. This of course can be disabled. Nothing is secure but I can only do so much. LoginID and Password can be bypassed also, so there is no 100%. But I quite like the feature and will modify the code to secure it more.
Simple design, just a bit of coding for the security levels. Same as always.

burrina
4StarLounger

Post by burrina »

I thought about this a little more and have added some security features to help a little. When the db is rolled out on first use it captures the pc owners name and stores it in the database. If someone tries to use it by changing the owner name it will not match up and they will not be able to use it. Also I have a timed form running in the background that will check and open and ask for the users name and if it does not match the db closes.
Cant do everything but at least its start. Oh, and one final thing, all admin features are coded for permissions so if ???

I will see how it goes.