Populate Combo Box Based on Other Form Data

EnginerdUNH
StarLounger

Populate Combo Box Based on Other Form Data

Post by EnginerdUNH »

Hi,

I am a CrossFit athlete and I am trying to create a database which will allow me to track my own personal workouts. I have a small database that I am working with right now in the beginning stages which has 5 tables: tblExerciseMode, tblExercises, tblWorkout, tblWorkoutParts, and tblWorkoutType. I also have 5 forms which have the same names except that they all start with frm instead of tbl. frmWorkoutParts is a subform for frmWorkouts (the main form) and all the other tables are used to populate fields on those forms. I am running into a road block on the sfrmWorkoutParts subform where I have two combo boxes, one called cmbUnits which populates from the tblExerciseMode table and one called cmbExercise which is supposed to populate with the appropriate exercise names based on the value in cmbExercise. There is a field in the tblExercises which corresponds to the values in tblExerciseMode that should allow this to bring up the correct exercises. The way that I have the subform set up, once you populate cmbUnits, it fills in a text box called txtUnits and then cmbExercises should filter based on txtUnits. The issue that I am running into is the following: once I populate the cmbUnits combo box, when I go to click on the combo box for cmbExercises to see my list of choices, I get a pop-up asking me to enter a parameter value for txtUnits. I can't seem to upload a copy of the database (it's an .accdb file) so please let me know if there is another way I can help you understand my problem.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Populate Combo Box Based on Other Form Data

Post by HansV »

You cannot attach a database file, but you can copy the database to a compressed folder (.zip file), and attach the zip file to a reply (as long as the .zip file is not greater than 250 KB)
Best wishes,
Hans

EnginerdUNH
StarLounger

Post by EnginerdUNH »

HansV wrote:You cannot attach a database file, but you can copy the database to a compressed folder (.zip file), and attach the zip file to a reply (as long as the .zip file is not greater than 250 KB)
Thanks Hans! it is attached now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

It looks like you had a change of ideas while designing the database, so there are some inconsistencies.
I have tried to remove them the simplest way. See the attached version.
Workout Tracker.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

EnginerdUNH
StarLounger

Post by EnginerdUNH »

Thank you Hans!! It looks to be just what I needed!