afr.exe?

Nick Vittum
4StarLounger

afr.exe?

Post by Nick Vittum »

Can anyone tell me what afr.exe is? I found it on an old back-up drive from 6 years ago. I'm pretty sure it has to do with a database I was working on at the time, but I can't remember for sure. I hate to open any exe without knowing what it is. It's a pretty small file, about 178Kb

Thanks
—nick
—Nick

I’m only an egg (but hard-boiled)

HansV
Administrator

Re: afr.exe?

Post by HansV »

It appears to be part of Abacre's Advanced Find And Replace. I don't think it is directly related to Access.
Best wishes,
Hans

Nick Vittum
4StarLounger

Post by Nick Vittum »

HansV wrote:It appears to be part of Abacre's Advanced Find And Replace. . .
Thanks Hans. After some hesitation, and after running a virus scan on it, I opened it just a short time ago. It turns out it is (was) a little Access-based utility called "Access Form Resizer." But it was created in Access 97, and I couldn't even open it. Maybe I never could... So I don't know exactly what it did, or why. It seems one could resize a form just by changing the code. But maybe it was supposed to do something else as well.
—Nick

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

Current versions of Access cannot read Access 97 databases any more.
If you want to resize the controls on a form dynamically, see (for example) Access-Form-Resizer
Best wishes,
Hans

Nick Vittum
4StarLounger

Post by Nick Vittum »

HansV wrote:If you want to resize the controls on a form dynamically, see (for example) Access-Form-Resizer
Aha! It must be that the application I had was an early version of this, from somebody else.
—Nick